Best human clinical trial results. Our cannabidiol (CBD) soft gel formula utilizes the patented VESIsorb® drug delivery system. In August, 2019, the leading international peer-reviewed open access journal of chemistry, Molecules, published the first pharmacokinetic (PK) bioavailability study of its kind. OptiCann’s Cannacin™ capsules based on VESIsorb technology, showed more rapid and optimal oral absorption improvement compared to standard CBD hemp oil extracts combinations.
Greater than 4.4X the oral bioavailability vs other CBD products. Opticann's Cannacin™ with VESIsorb's Self-Emulsifying Drug Delivery System (SEDDS) showed a significant improvement for all determined pharmacokinetic parameters: increased CBD plasma values (Cmax), favorably enhanced bioavailability (AUC) and fast absorption (Tmax):
• Over 4.4 X the oral bioavailability vs other CBD oral products (4.4-fold higher Cmax and a 2.85-/1.70-fold higher AUC0-8h/AUC0-24h compared
to the reference MCT formulation).
• Tmax was substantially shorter for SEDDS-CBD (1.0 h) compared to MCT-CBD (3.0 h).
• Overall, Cannacin™ showed a significant improvement for all determined pharmacokinetic parameters: increased CBD plasma values (Cmax),
favorably enhanced bioavailability (AUC) and fast absorption (Tmax).
• Subgroup analysis demonstrated a higher bioavailability in women compared to men. This gender bioavailability differential seen for MCT-CBD was mitigated with Cannacin™.
• No safety concerns were noted following either administration.
View the complete study results here.
Since 2005, the superiority of OptiCann’s partnered technology has consistently been demonstrated in well-designed pilot and peer reviewed published pharmacokinetic absorption and bioavailability studies, as well as in third-party meta-analyses for many fat-soluble molecules.
What is bioavailability? Cannabidiol (CBD), a phytocannabinoid compound of Cannabis sativa, shows limited oral bioavailability due to its lipophilicity and extensive first-pass metabolism. When taken orally, unformulated CBD has approximately 8-12% absorption and the absorption rate becomes more erratic when taken without food. OptiCann's products are formulated with VESIsorb, a patented SEDDS (self-emulsifying drug delivery system) technology. This natural, water-soluble drug delivery system enables faster and greater absorption of CBD, up to 4.4X that of conventional CBD when taken orally.
OptiCann's first oral CBDproduct, Cannacin™, provides improved bioavailability which directly translates to higher cannabinoid blood plasma levels unachievable by other products on the market. The benefits are unmatched.
• RAPID ONSET: Consistent and faster onset on an empty or full stomach (Tmax in 1 hour versus 3 hours for unformulated CBD)
• MORE EFFECTIVE: Better efficacy due to 4.4X greater absorption versus other hemp oil capsules
• BETTER VALUE: Better absorption means fewer capsules needed, resulting in lower costs for the consumer
• SAFETY WITH FEWER SIDE EFFECTS: THC less than 10 parts per million (PPM) means fewer CNS and GI side effects and improved safety, higher absorption of CBD results in lower GI side effects
Proven stability data. OptiCann delivers clinically-backed cannabinoid products with the utmost quality control standards for measured CBD and room temperature shelf stability data. This ensures that consumers receive the same levels of active ingredients throughout the entire 2 plus year shelf life. The importance of stability data is often underestimated in the CBD category where the FDA and the Journal of the American Medical Association have shown that the majority of CBD products fall short of their quantity claims. When complemented with strict quality control guidelines, independent lab analyses, and a multi-patented delivery system, retailers and medical professionals can confidently recommend OptiCann products to their consumers for maximum effect they can trust.
• THC is removed to below 10 PPM (effectively, no THC)
• All manufacturing processes meet strict GMP requirements
• Incoming raw materials are tested by independent laborites for active ingredients (<.01%THC), microbiology, heavy metals, pesticides and solvent
• High-performance analytical tools (HPLC, HPLC-MS, GC, GC-MS, PPSL, NMR, ICP, TLC, and FTIR) to ensure total quality
Unmatched sourcing ability to scale to large commercial volumes. Our proprietary hemp oil extract is produced with the strictest quality assurance/ quality control guidelines using CBD sourced from hemp oil that is grown and processed in the United States. OptiCann will always offer the safest and most effective products in the marketplace, produced in licensed facilities that meet both state and federal regulations.
OptiCann's hemp oil ingredients begin with the highest quality, most rigorously tested, raw materials. Each ingredient is thoroughly lab tested by an independent certified ISO17025 laboratory to guarantee 2018 Farm Bill compliance. We provide traceability with unmatched access to the highest commercial volumes in our supply chain and manufacturing facilities. Our agricultural hemp seeds are sourced from breeders with a 30-year reputation for superior hemp genetics.Our industrial hemp biomass is sourced from a 5th generation family farm withGood Agricultural Practices (GAP) certification. Our soft gel capsules are manufactured at GMP facilities capable of producing up to 1 billion capsules per year.